Yellow Knife SP
Dnamro
post Nov 6 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #1

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Now that I have finally resolved all the issues that were causing maps to crash in the editor when navmeshing, I am back on track to finish up Yellow knife.

One of the things I want to add to this map is a flag in the Titan docking bay. Getting that area to navmesh has been a real challenge, but I am really close now. The Titan docking bay navmeshes and the warehouse and stairway underneath are navmeshing. So it is just a matter of getting the two connect in the navmesh.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Nov 6 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Many (myself included) like 'pure' versions of official maps with no edits but just bot support. May I suggest having a 'pure' version of the map with bot support as well as one with flags added?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt_Prof
post Nov 6 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #3

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 8,214

Anything what is related to BF2142 SP makes me extremely excited. Can't wait to see how it will look combined with HD textures and re-animated weapon inventory smile.gif

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Jim2102
post Nov 6 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #4

Major

Member No.: 10,088

This is awesome, Yellow Knife is one of my favorite maps. I have to add on to what MCR said though, is it possible to navmesh the docking bay so that the bots could climb up the stairs/ladders up to the area where the final flag is? If not, thats fine, was just wondering and it would be interesting to see that happen. Can't wait to try out the SP for this awesome map. Good work Dnamro! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jim2102: Nov 6 2017, 04:11 PM

--------------------
1# Battlefield Gamer

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Nov 6 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #5

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Nov 6 2017, 11:40 AM) *
Many (myself included) like 'pure' versions of official maps with no edits but just bot support. May I suggest having a 'pure' version of the map with bot support as well as one with flags added?

ww

Well, it is a Titan mode only map so, actually, there is no 'pure' CQ mode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Nov 6 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #6

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Whoops. This map is actually a Supply Line only map, not a Titan Map, which still plays different from Conquest.

... Apparently, the custom AImesh complex actually works that links the Titan dockbay, to the the warehouse roof below and then to the ground. The bots don't have a need to do it right now, but they will follow me down and up the stairs, although they do get tripped up on some areas, so I may need to do same hand editing of the navmesh. They also want to try to walk through a side wall in the titan, so I need to look at that as well.

I have not added a flag to the Titan Bay yet, so the few issues with that pathing piece do not impact gameplay. 32 mod is set up as an infantry only test and 64 has vehicles. The bots are reluctant to move in vehicles, which indicates that I need to double check my vehicle set order positions, but when they do move, it seems work well.

I also need to adjust the walkway landing to match up with the stairway that I added at the back of the warehouse that connects to the Titan bay. It matched up in the editor, so it may take some effort to get it lined up in game just right. What I will probably do to fix the problem with the bots getting hung up around the corner is to create a custom collision mesh for the warehouse to prevent that problem.

If you want to check the progress, here are the AI files needed to play:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CZyh3JKGd...LPxiVjnSK6gI_t4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Onlyzen
post Nov 7 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Enlisted

Member No.: 12,279

its very interesting i will try

+Quote Post
Jim2102
post Nov 7 2017, 01:11 AM
Post #8

Major

This is actually really playable in terms of infantry. I did find all the glitches that Dnamro mentioned: Bots not driving the vehicles around, running into the titan bay walls... I also did get 1 CTD, but I think that was because I was playing on my old laptop that can barely handle 64 bots in a game... But other than that, the bots seem to work fine

This post has been edited by Jim2102: Nov 7 2017, 08:32 AM

--------------------
1# Battlefield Gamer

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Nov 8 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #9

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

From looking at the navmesh in 3ds Max, It looks like the walls of the custom AImesh for the sides of the Titan bay did not extend down far enough, so the titan bay floor was navmeshing with the ground, but the rest of the Titan bay complex looks great. I know that the bots prefer to travel over wider pathmapped areas, which is what the sides of the titan bay currently are. I can hand edit the navmesh or adjust the AImesh, it should work fine. I am really happy with how this is shaping up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim2102
post Nov 9 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Major

Hey Dnamro, you could probably put the park monument flag back where it was, because the bots can get to it through the titan bay and up the hill path. Adding the titan bay flag (like you mentioned earlier) would be cool as well wink.gif

--------------------
1# Battlefield Gamer

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Nov 12 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #11

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Update:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mFqsbwpgg...dgRVe--LwkyfyQ0

Overall, it is much more playable now. Still have some adjustments to make.

Park Monument flag moved back. Bots now move through the titan bay better. I adjusted the rear walkway area for the warehouse so it looks better and added some crates to help keep the bots from falling or getting caught. I moved the two sets of crates from the upper walkway on the warehouse rooftop to try to make it easier for the bots, but now there are dark spots where they were located. It does not look like I needed to move the anyway. I will move them back for the next navmesh generation. Other than that, I am very happy with the way path through the titan bay as turned out.

I am also going to block off the south side passage around the titan bay. The bots have issues with this area and now that I have the northern path plus the titan bay path, it is not really needed. I did have to do some adjustment to the terrain to get the north passage to navmesh for the bots, but I want to keep that because a good bot map should always have at least two paths to prevent the gameplay from getting bottlenecked. It also helps with the navmeshing. The titan bay was not completely navmeshing until I made adjustments to allow for a northern path around the Titan docking bay.

As far as vehicles, it turns out that every flag is difficult to reach for vehicles. The bots do better with vehicles, once the first flag is capped - I now have it set up more evenly so that all flags are uncapped at the start. From experience, by adjusting the vehicle spawners to be tied to flag close flag to the base, instead of the base, this make the bots much more responsive when they first get into vehicles. I do need to redo the pathmaps for the vehicles, as the mechs are walking too close to objects and getting hungup. I am also looking at possibly increasing the size of the flag capture area so that bots in vehicles can cap some of them.

I originally was going to set up 32 mode without the flag as the park, as it was in the last version- but I did not like that setup. I will probably use the SL 32 set up for that the sp and coop 32 set ups. 16 is the same as 64, but without vehicles. That is just for testing. I will look at setting up a 16 p mode based on 16 p SL mode.

Also, you walk below the terrain on the pass, north of the titan bay. I believe I will have to copy some of the heightmap files to the client.zip and include that in the final update fix that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AriochRN
post Nov 13 2017, 06:03 AM
Post #12

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,947

Nice work, really fun on the 32 map with just the few vehicle problems you mentioned being evident.

I tried the 64 map and the AI is behaving oddly - most of the bots stick to the initial spawn in their squads with only a few venturing out. Playing as EU the bots stayed put until all the CPs up to LOADINGYARD were captured, then they all kicked off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qtapqsvv77ioks/Y...wKnife.jpg?dl=0

This post has been edited by AriochRN: Nov 13 2017, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:42 AM