Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mechwarrior Online, Closed beta
KHETTI
post May 24 2012, 06:13 AM
Post #1

Theory In Practice

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 4,058

Just a heads up for any who might be interested, Mechwarrior online is now in its closed beta phase, you can create an account and sign up to the closed beta and see if you get picked.
There will be an open beta that will follow, the server cluster is for North American , but peeps from other regions/countries are also being considered.
Just so you know MWO is using the crytek 2 engine and submitting your system specs is required.

http://mwomercs.com/

--------------------
"MechWarrior 4 Mercs 3.1,get it at www.mektek.net"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (15 - 15)
KHETTI
post Oct 29 2012, 06:23 AM
Post #16

Theory In Practice

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 4,058

Monday 29th October, Open Beta is finally here! So if you haven't been previously invited into the open beta and would like to give the game a try, today is the day smile.gif.

Please note that the game is still very much in an unfinished state, but is being updated as quickly as the small dev team can manage, but the core gameplay mechanics is absolutely the best there has been for a mechwarrior game!.
For those that decide to venture out onto the battlefield, there are a few things that i would like the clarify-

Trial Mechs- This is what you will start out with(as will i as of today), there is 4 to choose from(these will be changed from time to time), you cannot customize them and they are stock CBT chassis, not nearly as effective as custom mechs but used right can be very competitive(i have been top of the scoreboard in a game full of custom mechs while in a trial mech).
On a positive note, they have no repair bills as with custom mechs, so you will make money even if you die and your team loses.

Matchmaker- The matchmaker is far from complete, MWO is a team based game, there is currently a large number of existing Teams(Pre-mades) within the game, and matches are 8v8, previously a group of random players could be matched against and 8 man pre-made using coms(ie TS3,Ventrilo ect), this usually resulted in one way match, but this has been amended in version 2 of the matchmaker.
Pre-made teams will now only be able to drop as 4 man teams, but have the ability to organize 8 man drops versus other 8 man teams only.

Special Equipment- A number of special equipment has recently been added, ie Ferrous Fiber Armour,Endo steel structures, double heat sinks.
XL engines which have previously been in the game are also considered Special Equipment, these items offer unique benefits such as better protection for less weight, lighter engines that take up more space(criticals).
These items are expensive to buy and repair, and to begin with should be avoided, they also currently offer benefits to only certain weight classes and basically detract from others, so be careful tongue.gif.

Weapons- Be aware that not all weapons are in their final state (ie some weapons haven't received things like their min effective range).
Also be aware that some weapons do have a min effective range (ie PPC/ERPPC) which under they do no or severely reduced damage.
All weapons have a max effective range (which they do their full potential damage) and a max range, beyond the effective range, damage tapers off to eventually zero.

Other Issues- There is a number of other issues, ie netcode, FPS drop(memory leaks), these are all known, but providing tickets will help the devs track them down and put them right, and in my opinion, while frustrating can be lived with, especially with the knowledge that they WILL get fixed.
Please keep in mind that this is still a beta of sorts.

Hope this helps anyone interested, there is plenty stickies on the forums provided by the devs and closed beta testers that can and most likely help with a lot of issues.
Feel free to hit me up on the forums, i will happily help in anyway i can, be it tactics/loadouts or anything relating to the game.
Hope to see some BFSP faces, good hunting! and watch your six!.

This post has been edited by KHETTI: Oct 29 2012, 06:25 AM

--------------------
"MechWarrior 4 Mercs 3.1,get it at www.mektek.net"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 01:52 PM