AI Commander for 1.5, not really fixed but an enhancement
winterhilf
post Jul 25 2017, 04:14 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 1,401

AI Commander for 1.5

just a player these days, but thought people should be informed about this.

a guy has posted a fix for the AI commander to work in 1.5 . . .works like a charm and is actually an enhancement. the commander will drop arty on anywhere the enemy is, not just CPs. . . tested on my Mac with BF2 ported using cider.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Dnamro
post Jul 25 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #2

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 46

Thanks! At last, someone has fixed the Aicommander with Python. It looks like this could be even better than before, with more control options.

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jul 25 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Dictator
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Jul 25 2017, 08:46 AM) *
Thanks! At last, someone has fixed the Aicommander with Python. It looks like this could be even better than before, with more control options.

Actually the Commander is still broken. This is just random artillery strikes. As a squad leader the AI Commander will not listen to you when you request artillery. In addition it creates a lot of lag. Usually I play with no lag, but with the artillery I get lag on all maps. Also, you could get artillery from both sides striking almost at the same time.

+Quote Post
winterhilf
post Jul 25 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #4

Major

the arty always seems to hit enemy targets so wouldn't say it's random at all.

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Jul 25 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Dictator
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (winterhilf @ Jul 25 2017, 12:12 PM) *
the arty always seems to hit enemy targets so wouldn't say it's random at all.

Yes, you are right. I didn't say it correctly. The old artillery concentrated on the enemy attacking Control Points. This artillery attacks enemies all over the map. I prefer it the old way. This seems more like an anti-camper artillery. Where ever you fight you could be hit with artillery. It could also be considered a spawn camping artillery, because if you spawn in your last CP, then you could be hit with artillery. The important thing is to keep moving.

+Quote Post
winterhilf
post Jul 26 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #6

Major

aha, i see what you mean. just think this is a fantastic update. playing on a Mac i'm limited to the 1.5 version and this python fix has made the game so much better imo. feels like a multiplayer experience, just offline. 12 years old and still no other game like it for sheer 'replayability', and what a sad portent for the AI that was to come from Dice.

let's break the AI with our final patch doh.gif

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Jul 26 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #7

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

QUOTE (Death_EnForcer @ Jul 26 2017, 01:46 AM) *
The old artillery concentrated on the enemy attacking Control Points. This artillery attacks enemies all over the map.

the old 1.41 artie does that too - whenever i test a map change or new object, i first have to destroy the enemy artie so i can sit on the side and observe without getting zonked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
winterhilf
post Jul 26 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Major

yeah, but iirc with 1.41 the enemy arty would just hit you. this one attacks the other ai too, really an improvement.

+Quote Post
clivewil
post Jul 26 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #9

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,545

ah ok, that makes sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterChiefRulZ
post Jul 27 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #10

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Glad to get more feedback on this, as moddb was a bit more vague.

Stickied for posterity. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael Z Freema...
post Sep 7 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #11

Previously Xenephone
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,215

This is very interesting ! The devs for this are Gods ! bowdown.gif (I see Alpha Project was listed).

I have not tried it yet but apparently the Python is quite intensive and leads to lags. But it looks like it's still in development and could be optimised. I posted about it in PR forum but I think their system is too extensive to adopt this directly although it might give them some clues into how to allow working Squad leader requests to their AI Commander. Forgotten Hope might be more interested.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oldrick
post Sep 11 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #12

Captain

Member No.: 10,819

So, this might lead to having the AIcommnader in v1.5 provide the Squad Leader's with UAV scans, Supply drops, and Vehicle drops like the old v1.4/v1.41? Having AIcommander support was great in COOP games with only a few people playing.

And the AIcommander support made some maps real fun. There was a 3rd party map made for the Hard Justice v1.3 mod that didn't have any airfields. But, when you called for a vehicle drop you got an A10 fighter-bomber. Our surprise was comical the first time we called for the vehicle drop on this map and got an A10 instead of the usual FAV. But, you had to be careful where you were and which way you were facing when you called for it. In one game my buddy called for the A10 drop and got it lined up across the street and wedged between two buildings. He couldn't move the thing. He had to blow it up, move to another location and try again.

I have to agree that the AI Arty was nasty as far back as v1.4/v1.41. There was no point in being a sniper because if you shot at more than one bot from the same place (never mind if you hit them or not) the Arty would fall on you. Even the mods kept this.

Hard Justice v1.3 was really killer with Arty. They increased the firing rate and, I think, the blast radius too. It was almost suicidal trying to capture an enemy flag in HJ v1.3.

I'm not sure but I think the AI Arty didn't didn't drop on a flag until it turned white. You would try to capture a flag and the enemy bots would spawn like cockroaches trying to stop you. It was only after the flag turned white and the enemy bots couldn't spawn at the flag did the AI Arty come in. The real trick was to fight bots and watch for the flag change. When it turned white you ran like hell to get out of the way before the AI Arty arrived. Of course, if you were to busy fighting the bots to notice the flag change... well... goodbye to you. The best way to capture a flag was to come in with a vehicle full of bots and have them "get out" right at the flag. The flag would change so fast there would be very few enemy bots. And, you were in a vehicle, so when the flag changed you drove away instead of having to run.

+Quote Post
Michael Z Freema...
post Jan 14 2018, 12:29 PM
Post #13

Previously Xenephone
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,215

It looks like the mod could have been updated to a faster version ?

I'm also seeing references to modifying the executable in ways that could restore the lost AI commander features ...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/4146736/Complete...er-hack-for-BF2

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/battlefi...-5-offsets.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
JOHN007
post Jan 24 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #14

JABBA

Member No.: 8,199

Guys this is insane!

Thankyou for the information, jumping straight in here, when we work together we accomplish the impossible.

Lets see if we can fix this!

--------------------

N.B.KLAN

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 03:30 AM