kano
post Aug 15 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Major
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 1,704

BF2 Style Info Image Generater V1.0

This is a simple tool to generate vBF2 style info images for your customized levels. There's no modding tool category so I just choose SinglePlayer Map.

vBF2 style info map generater V1.0 by worldlife(worldlife123)

This is a simple tool to generate vBF2 style info images for your customized levels. The source code is visible and you're free to use and modify it.

DEPENDENCIES
BF2 Style Info Image Generater V1.1 (http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/addons/na126454)
Python 2.7.13 (https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2713/)
Pillow (https://github.com/python-pillow/Pillow)

INSTALL
1.Install python 2.7.13(https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2713/) first. After installing python, you can run install_pillow.bat to install pillow via pip.
2.Unzip the folder infomap into your mod's python folder. Note that this tool is not loaded in game, so after infomap generation you can delete the folder.

USAGE
Run generateInfomaps.py with python.exe, or use run.bat. It will list all maps in your mod. Type a map name to generate info map for it, or Type "all" to generate for all maps.
Requirement for levels: The levels must be unzipped(that's to say, can be loaded in BF2Editor).The info ,Hud and Gamemodes folder must be present, as well as Init.con and Heightdata.con.

CUSTOMIZE
1.Add a team to generate infomap flags.
I've included all vBF2 and xpack teams in this tool. If you have custom team in the map, do the following:
(1)In maps\flags, create a folder whose name is your custom team name.
(2)Create a miniMap_CP.tga in this folder with your team's flag. A .psd template(created in Adobe Photoshop CS6) is provided inside maps\flags. You can use this as a reference.
(3)Run the tool.

2.Use a custom cover to the infomap(such as a grid or your logo).
In maps\areas, modify or replace a cover.dds. This image would be pasted on top of the generated info maps.

3.Use custom combat area.
Similar to 2. Just modify or replace CombatArea.dds in maps\areas.

CREDITS
NVIDIA - for nvdxt.exe
fire&bf2tech.org - for conParser.py

LOCALIZATION
readme - English&Chinese
program - English
Attached File(s)
Attached File  preview.jpg ( 411.97K ) Number of downloads: 13

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
MasterChiefRulZ
post Aug 16 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #2

You know the drill...
Group Icon

Group: Mr. Admin
Member No.: 48

Moving to BF2 mapping tools. smile.gif Thanks Kano!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Aug 16 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Dictator
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

After installing python, you can run install_pillow.bat to install pillow via pip.

Having problems with this section. I downloaded Pillow Master and Pillow 3.1.0 and I don't see any install_pillow.bat

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 16 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #4

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Death_EnForcer @ Aug 16 2017, 04:55 PM) *
After installing python, you can run install_pillow.bat to install pillow via pip.

Having problems with this section. I downloaded Pillow Master and Pillow 3.1.0 and I don't see any install_pillow.bat

It is in the infolder when you unzip vbf2-style-info-image-generater zip file

--------------------
No, my Avatar is not my dog.

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 16 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #5

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

It took a little bit of playing around to get it working. It seems to work great once I got it going. At first I could not get it to run, but figured out that it was because Pillow was not installed. Pillow is the image library. When I first tried to run install_pillow, nothing happened. I ended up running the python 2.7 installer again to add include Python.exe in the path option which was not included by default. It worked and once I ran the pillow installer, it downloaded and installed the necessary files.

It looks like it takes the ingameMap from the HUD/minimap folder, adds creates menumaps with the standard BF2 format, with the combat areas indicated and and flag locations, along with a an small minimap window that shows the combat area location in proportion to the rest of the map.

currently it will not work as is with BF2142. It gets an error message that the menumaps in the info file are not multiples of 4, which is correct -- the 2142 menumaps are a sideways rectangle not a square like in BF2. However if you delete all the menumaps out of the map's info folder, it will create new menumaps for the three different standard sizes, 16, 32 and 64. I created PAC and EU folders and just copied over minimap_CP.tga from the other flag folders for testing. If someone creates the custom ones for 2142 please post. Now, you can use the new menumap graphics as is or you can modify it to match the standard BF2142 dimensions with Gimp or Photoshop.

Very nice tool!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Death_EnForcer
post Aug 17 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #6

Dictator
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Dnamro @ Aug 16 2017, 07:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Death_EnForcer @ Aug 16 2017, 04:55 PM) *

It is in the infolder when you unzip vbf2-style-info-image-generater zip file

Thank you, Dnamro. I finally got it to work following your install method. Thanks kano for the links and info.

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 17 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #7

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

The BF2142 flags have to be resized to 72 x 72 to work. Here the Resized versions to play around with BF2142:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o_kOaz7...T25qcXBvVVJUaGc

The tool parses the map's info folder for the map size and teams, as well as the game mode folder and will create an menumap for each gamemode to include 48 used in BF2412. Basically, whatever is there.

Now 2142 maps use a little different format which should not be too difficult to get the tool to accomodate:

2142 use a yellow out of bounds instead of the red used by BF2. The out of bounds overlay can be replaced.

2142 does not have the mini-map that shows the relation of the combat area to the entire map. I don't think it would be too hard to disable it in the code.

2142 has Titan and other different game modes which use different icons. It is possible to replace any of the icons. But you would not for specific modes. So to do Titan menumap with titans you would have to replace the CPs with titans for the Eu and PAC flags and then run the problem. Save the titan menumap. Change back to PAC and EU flags and then re-run the tool to create the other modes. If you wanted locks instead of the no capture icons, those can also be replaced.

Now, if your combat area is too small, it won't even show up. That might be a way to create a space menumap and use a grid overlay instead of the combat area overlay.

Edit - Set the combat area for the corners of the map, to not display a combat area.
In order to have the non-combat area fill the map then remove the combat area from the GPO - could be useful to have grid overlay instead of the sideways red hash.

some Examples:

http://classic-battlefield-modding.wikia.c...ad_map_Examples

First Stike has never had menumaps that represented a map overlay like in standard BF2 or BF2142. Currently, the tool generates with a BF2 style format. I created custom FS icons for the CPs. and tried out a few maps. I think with a little tweaking that these could be nice.

http://firststrikemod.wikia.com/wiki/First...ke_Menumap_test

I am thinking lose the mini-map window and the non-combat area and it would be great. I will try to see if the tool will do that and post some results.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Aug 19 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #8

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

I figured out how to disable the mini-map and the out of bounds areas from being created. This updated Python code is set to skip create the mini-window and out of bounds area.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o_kOaz7...bzNUQXQzQVBRYmc

To re-enable change settings to "YES" in the code at the top.

# set to "YES" to display out of bounds
USE_OOB = "NO"
# set to "YES" to enable mini-map
USE_MINIMAP = "NO"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dnamro
post Sep 13 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #9

CinC (for now)
Group Icon

There is an updated version on the MODDB site that has full support for BF2142 as well as some fixes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 09:13 AM