IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Battlefield 2142 crashes when switching mods?
LMZR
post Feb 11 2018, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Enlisted

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 12,533

Title says it all really, I've recently discovered various fixes here to make Battlefield 2142 playable offline and have since installed mods like the Battlefield 2142 Single Player Experience and First Strike, however each time I try to load these it simply says that BF2142.exe has stopped responding, when I try loading up my backed up .exe file to simply load the game, it also does the same thing and simply CTD's to desktop with no error messages even in Windowed Mode, I also have widescreen enabled via launch shortcut so I can run the game at native resolution, would that maybe have something to do with it?

Anyone know where to begin fixing this? I am now also getting the error "This EA Account does not exist" regardless of having applied the Offline fixes, this is getting quite annoying :\

This post has been edited by LMZR: Feb 11 2018, 02:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Sgt_Prof
post Feb 12 2018, 09:33 AM
Post #2

CryEngine 3 environment designer, novel writer,dude who love art

Member No.: 8,214

You need to try offline fix http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...rt=#entry193903

And you need to start mods via shortcut because switching through community/custom games does not work anymore

--------------------
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up

+Quote Post
Frosty98B
post Feb 13 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Captain

Member No.: 10,231

QUOTE (Sgt_Prof @ Feb 12 2018, 09:33 AM) *
And you need to start mods via shortcut because switching through community/custom games does not work anymore

It does for me. mellow.gif I launch all the mods via the Custom Games section and I never had any problems with it.

This post has been edited by Frosty98B: Feb 13 2018, 09:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
LMZR
post Feb 13 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Enlisted

QUOTE (Sgt_Prof @ Feb 12 2018, 09:33 AM) *
You need to try offline fix http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...rt=#entry193903

Now I just get an error stating that the EA account cannot be found locally on this machine :\

+Quote Post
Arab
post Feb 13 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #5

Captain

Member No.: 10,051

QUOTE (LMZR @ Feb 11 2018, 02:11 PM) *
Title says it all really, I've recently discovered various fixes here to make Battlefield 2142 playable offline and have since installed mods like the Battlefield 2142 Single Player Experience and First Strike, however each time I try to load these it simply says that BF2142.exe has stopped responding, when I try loading up my backed up .exe file to simply load the game, it also does the same thing and simply CTD's to desktop with no error messages even in Windowed Mode, I also have widescreen enabled via launch shortcut so I can run the game at native resolution, would that maybe have something to do with it?

Anyone know where to begin fixing this? I am now also getting the error "This EA Account does not exist" regardless of having applied the Offline fixes, this is getting quite annoying :\

The antivirus/security software might possibly block it. Add it to the Excluded list and see if it works.

Maybe change the resolution, and try turning off widescreen.

Also make sure the Profiles folder is clear and you have just the Offline Profile added.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=18266

This post has been edited by Arab: Feb 13 2018, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
LMZR
post Feb 15 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #6

Enlisted

QUOTE (Arab @ Feb 13 2018, 04:57 PM) *
QUOTE (LMZR @ Feb 11 2018, 02:11 PM) *

The antivirus/security software might possibly block it. Add it to the Excluded list and see if it works.

Maybe change the resolution, and try turning off widescreen.

Also make sure the Profiles folder is clear and you have just the Offline Profile added.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/for...showtopic=18266

Thank you for posting this smile.gif I did get it fixed earlier by just reapplying both the offline exe and offline profiles smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 11:38 AM