Battlefield 2: Unlimited Action W.I.P Thread
TheObscure
post Oct 8 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Major

Group: Soldiers
Member No.: 10,010

Hi guys,

The purpose of this thread is to provide some informal updates of stuff that I have been busy with. To check out the official mod page, then click on this link: Moddb.com

So, to start things off in a proper way, check out the newest animations for the mod here. Please take into account that these animations are a fraction of what I have, and from time to time I will add more videos to show them off. The sounds will also be changed/remastered a bit, so the sounds here are not final.

Animation Reveal #1
Animation Reveal #2
Animation Reveal #3
Animation Reveal #4

Please pop in here every now and then to get an update. smile.gif

* All animations shown here are made by Develop013 specifically for this mod.
* All content shown here is subject to change.

This post has been edited by TheObscure: Oct 30 2016, 03:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (15 - 22)
Ironclad2014
post Oct 19 2016, 10:38 AM
Post #16

Major

Member No.: 10,037

Glock 17
357 magnum
M24

EDIT: Can't wait for the others too...

This post has been edited by Ironclad2014: Oct 19 2016, 11:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blaze95
post Oct 19 2016, 11:07 AM
Post #17

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,823

Looking forward to the next Animation Reveal, keep up the good work! BTW, TheObscure, are you going to post these updates at ModDB also?

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 24 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #18

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

QUOTE (Blaze95 @ Oct 19 2016, 12:07 PM) *
Looking forward to the next Animation Reveal, keep up the good work! BTW, TheObscure, are you going to post these updates at ModDB also?

I agree, Moddb is instrumental towards getting exposure for your mod. It looks amazing, so I would like to see your content posted there also. It was last updated on April 1st. I think it is well overdue for an update there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheObscure
post Oct 30 2016, 03:09 PM
Post #19

Major

Member No.: 10,010

Glock 17
357 magnum
M24

EDIT: Can't wait for the others too..

Alright, so it took me a while to post my next update. I was busy the last two weekends and really had no time for this. Better late than never!

Youtube

I decided not to reveal the M24 because it is even more of a wip than anything else in that video. The animations are buggy and the reload animation is essentially the same as Develop013's GOL, but just adapted for the M24. So nothing really new.

357 is a major work in progress, and the weapon model for it is a place holder. The reload animation is also not finished, so that is why there is no reload sound for it yet. I actually want Develop013 to reanimate the second half of the reload, since it looks a bit unnatural to me. The first part is great though, and same goes for the other animations besides the reload.

Glock 17 is finished. Not so sure about the weapon model. I might be needing a new one as I have no idea who made it in the first place.

Thanks! Really nice to see you still around mate! I tend to post more updates there, especially since I haven't in the last 6 months. The issue is that the updates that I want to post there should be a lot more formal and official than these. The idea of this page is to show that I am still alive and actively busy on my mod. When I have made more progress overall, I will post an update again. Most likely a Christmas update of some sorts. Let's see. smile.gif

I agree, Moddb is instrumental towards getting exposure for your mod. It looks amazing, so I would like to see your content posted there also. It was last updated on April 1st. I think it is well overdue for an update there.

Thank you! And your help also deserve another thanks. I hope we can exchange a lot more content in the future that will benefit both of our projects. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Anthony817
post Oct 30 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #20

Battlefield: Korea mod leader

Member No.: 11,469

QUOTE (TheObscure @ Oct 30 2016, 04:09 PM) *
Thank you! And your help also deserve another thanks. I hope we can exchange a lot more content in the future that will benefit both of our projects. smile.gif

Seriously, if anybody should thank anyone it should be me thanking you! If not for you lending a hand to help get our other content animated we would be missing out on seeing some awesome weapons in our mod. I am glad to share content with any other mods when it is mutually beneficial to both parties. We got super fortunate the original BFK devs donated everything to PR so a lot of our weapons were only animated through that mod before I ever ported the content back to BFK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blaze95
post Oct 30 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #21

Enlisted

Member No.: 10,823

QUOTE (TheObscure @ Oct 30 2016, 11:09 PM) *
Glock 17 is finished. Not so sure about the weapon model. I might be needing a new one as I have no idea who made it in the first place.

Thanks! Really nice to see you still around mate! I tend to post more updates there, especially since I haven't in the last 6 months. The issue is that the updates that I want to post there should be a lot more formal and official than these. The idea of this page is to show that I am still alive and actively busy on my mod. When I have made more progress overall, I will post an update again. Most likely a Christmas update of some sorts. Let's see. smile.gif

IIRC that Glock 17 is the same as the one included in JONES's Alpha Project mod. If he is still around you might ask him, or have a look at AP's mod page screenshots at ModDB, usually people involved (like you) were credited during the mod's updates.

I am still around, I was worried when BFSP went down. Although I am not that active as a user here, I enjoy to have a look at the various threads. I won't spoil anything about these updates at ModDB, so around Christmas they should come as surprise!

I finally decided to register an account at the unofficial Battlelog.co site, the one of the Battlefield Revive project. From time to time I play BF2 online. I still have to try online matches with BF2 Special Forces and BF2142. Maybe one day your mod will support online gameplay too, it would be a dream. We'll see what time brings, no need to rush things. Take care of yourself mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
bluehawk112
post Nov 12 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #22

Dishonorable Discharge

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10,005

QUOTE (MasterChiefRulZ @ Oct 9 2016, 09:41 PM) *
For real, right? I got this game day 1 and still having a blast with it, thanks to the modding community! laugh.gif

Oh yeah, same with me! The only thing I regret is : itīs single core (32bit). If it was multicore this game would be unbeatable (forever)...

+Quote Post
Michael Z Freema...
post Dec 20 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #23

Previously Xenephone
Group Icon

Group: BFSP Team
Member No.: 4,215

Wow, this looks really interesting. I was looking at a HUD upgrade mod a few months ago but only parts were upgraded and its quite jarring having HD textures mixed in with old one's. That's a really good job of all the weapon depictions for each class and the new minimap.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 03:34 PM